There are numerous reasons why Behind-The-Ear (BTE) hearing aids are fitted on children:
- Flexibility – BTE models can accommodate various earmould types and the earmoulds can be easily detached and remade as the child grows.
- Easy maintenance – BTE models are more durable, additionally the attached earmould is easy to handle and clean
- Functionality – BTE models which are built for children have a variety of features such as LED check light and buttons for parents to do listening checks and make adjustments
- Economical – It can accommodate a wide variety of hearing losses, and there is no need to change hearing aid in the event your child’s hearing ability changes.
- Compatibility with assistive listening devices – Many BTEs are built with a direct audio input or a telecoil, so it can be used with other listening devices